Application Information and Important Dates
Each year, Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc. (LBF) accepts applications for entry into the LB program from a diverse group of individuals, including business leaders, professionals and academics, directors and staff of community service organizations and civic associations, managers from government agencies and community activists. Up to 60 of these individuals will be selected this year to join LB Class XXXVI.
Before beginning the application, please read the entire application packet carefully in order to ensure that you do not have any conflicts with the dates listed. The cost of the LB program is $2,600 ($100 non-refundable processing fee and tuition of $2,500). Payment must be received by August 4, 2017.
- Hold current leadership position(s) in professional and/or civic organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and/or service.
- Have an interest in furthering their knowledge about Broward County and community leadership.
- Commit to FULL participation in the LB program – inclusive of the LB Overnight Retreat (mandatory – September 8 and 9, 2017), monthly full-day Program Days, Community Service Project, and Graduation (mandatory – June 1, 2018).
- Live and/or work in Broward County, FL.
- Must be at least 25 years of age by August 10, 2017
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from program day sites. Transportation will be provided by charter bus during the day.
- Monthly Program Days run from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Participants will take part in a mandatory on-going community service project (this will require time outside of the scheduled LB program dates).
- Fill out the application completely and submit it either via scan and e-mail or via U.S. Mail. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by the LBF office on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday May 22, 2017.
- Submit two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit a headshot to email@example.com.
- The $100 non-refundable processing fee must accompany this application. Click here to make this payment online.
- All applications will be reviewed by the LB Class XXXVI Selection Committee and applicants will be notified of the status of their Class XXXVI application in June.
- LBF is committed to cultural, geographical, racial, ethnic, professional and economic diversity and considers all applicants who have demonstrated leadership skills and talents.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca D'Amico at (954) 767-8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evening Portion - Commencement Ceremony
(Both Day and Evening Portion of Graduation are MANDATORY - NO EXCEPTIONS)
*All Locations (TBD). Dates and times can be subject to change.Please note that participation in the LB Orientation, Opening Retreat, Graduation and a minimum of six of the eight monthly Program Days is MANDATORY in order to graduate and receive recognition as an LB alumnus. Active participation in a community group project is also required throughout the program year.