Women Leading Broward Program Overview
The Women Leading Broward (WLB) initiative was designed exclusively for women leaders. The goals of the initiative are to promote the professional advancement of women, enhance women’s awareness of their own potential, increase the visibility of women leaders in our community and help participants to grow their leadership skills.
- Participants will expand their leadership ability in ways that support their professional growth, development, and career success.
- Participants will develop professional networks with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will participate in “up close and personal” conversations with reputable, highly experienced senior executive women.
- Participants will exchange ideas and learn from the experiences of others in a small, facilitated diverse group of 10-12 women from across various industries and professions in a safe, confidential environment.
- Participants will report an increased knowledge and understanding of the themes addressed in each session.
- By interacting in small‐ and large‐group settings and by being exposed to networking opportunities, participants will report an increased number of personal and professional relationships with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will experience greater self-awareness and a more focused sense of direction for their personal and professional development.
Session I – Self-Awareness and Authenticity
Session II – Personal Mission and Branding
Session III – Leading Without A Title
Session IV – Strategic Risk-Taking and Self-Promotion
Session V – Bringing It All Together
- Women that have a desire to advance in their career or have been in a management position for at least 3 years (Directors, Executive Directors, Board of Directors, VP, Manager)
- Women whose work experience includes responsibility for managing relationships such as staff, clients, members, etc.
- Women at a management level seeking tools to refine their leadership/management skills to succeed or advance their careers
Calendar of Dates
- Orientation January 7, 2019 – Evening 5pm – 7pm – Mandatory
- Session I – January 9, 2019
- Session II – February 6, 2019
- Session III – March 13, 2019
- Session IV – April 10, 2019
- Session V – May 8, 2019
All session days are scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Meeting locations will be at: The Hoch Youth Center, First Presbyterian Church Ft. Lauderdale, 321 SE 4th St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Step 1: Click Here to Apply Online
(No need to click the REQUEST EDIT ACCESS button in order to complete the application. This system does not allow you to save and come back. Please be prepared to complete the online application in one seating. Here is a Hard Copy Application)
Step 2: Download and submit the Reference Form. You must have two (2) completed references.
All of the application materials must be completed and submitted to the LBF office by or before Friday, November 16, 2018. Materials can be e-mailed, mailed or faxed to:
Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc.
Attention: Thao Le
1421 SE 4th Ave Suite D, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316;
There will be an Information Session for WLB Class VI on October 23, 2018 from 5:30 pm – 7pm, @ ArtServe, 1350 E Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
An email will be sent to all applicants notifying them of their acceptance status by end of November.
The cost of the program is $800 and covers all program costs. A $50 application fee is due at time of submitting the application which will be put towards the final tuition if accepted into the program. If not accepted the $50 application fee will be refunded. Final payment must be paid in full by December 31, 2018.
Contact Thao Le, Programs Coordinator, at (954) 767-8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.