Step 1: Click Here to Apply Online
Materials can be e-mailed, mailed or faxed to:
Leadership Broward Foundation, Inc.
Attention: Dana Brown
1330 SE 4th Ave Suite I, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316;
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5pm on Friday, November 29, 2021
Women Leading Broward Program Overview
The Women Leading Broward (WLB) initiative was designed exclusively for women leaders. The goals of the initiative are to promote the professional advancement of women, enhance women’s awareness of their own potential, increase the visibility of women leaders in our community and help participants to grow their leadership skills.
- Participants will expand their leadership ability in ways that support their professional growth, development, and career success.
- Participants will develop professional networks with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will participate in “up close and personal” conversations with reputable, highly experienced senior executive women.
- Participants will exchange ideas and learn from the experiences of others in a small, facilitated diverse group of 10-12 women from across various industries and professions in a safe, confidential environment.
- Participants will report an increased knowledge and understanding of the themes addressed in each session.
- By interacting in small‐ and large‐group settings and by being exposed to networking opportunities, participants will report an increased number of personal and professional relationships with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will experience greater self-awareness and a more focused sense of direction for their personal and professional development.
Session I – Self-Awareness and Authenticity
Session II – Personal Mission and Branding
Session III – Leading Without A Title
Session IV – Strategic Risk-Taking and Self-Promotion
Session V – Bringing It All Together
- Women that have a desire to advance in their career or have been in a management position for at least 3 years (Directors, Executive Directors, Board of Directors, VP, Manager)
- Women whose work experience includes responsibility for managing relationships such as staff, clients, members, etc.
- Women at a management level seeking tools to refine their leadership/management skills to succeed or advance their careers
Calendar of Dates
- Orientation January 10, 2022 – 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Session I – January 26, 2022
- Session II – February 23, 2022
- Session III – March 23, 2022
- Session IV – April 27, 2022
- Session V – May 25, 2022
All session days are scheduled from 8:30am to 12:00pm unless otherwise noted.
Meeting locations will be at: First Presbyterian Church – Neumann Center at 451 Tarpon Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
There will be an Information Session for WLB Class IX on September 27, 2021 from 1:00pm – 2:00pm, November 05, 2021, from 12:00pm to 1:00pm and November 17, 2021 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5pm on, January 5, 2022
An email will be sent to all applicants notifying them of their acceptance status by early December.
Tuition – PAY WLB TUITION
The cost of the program is $800 and covers all program costs. Final payment must be paid in full by December 31, 2021.
Contact Dana Brown, Programs Coordinator, at (954) 767-8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.