Step 1: Click Here to Apply Online
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5 pm on Monday, December 11, 2023
Women Leading Broward Program Overview
The Women Leading Broward (WLB) initiative was designed exclusively for women leaders. The goals of the initiative are to promote the professional advancement of women, enhance women’s awareness of their own potential, increase the visibility of women leaders in our community and help participants to grow their leadership skills.
- Participants will expand their leadership ability in ways that support their professional growth, development, and career success.
- Participants will develop professional networks with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will participate in “up close and personal” conversations with reputable, highly experienced senior executive women.
- Participants will exchange ideas and learn from the experiences of others in a small, facilitated diverse group of 10-12 women from across various industries and professions in a safe, confidential environment.
- Participants will report an increased knowledge and understanding of the themes addressed in each session.
- By interacting in small‐ and large‐group settings and by being exposed to networking opportunities, participants will report an increased number of personal and professional relationships with other mid-level women managers.
- Participants will experience greater self-awareness and a more focused sense of direction for their personal and professional development.
Session I – Self-Awareness and Authenticity
Session II – Personal Mission and Branding
Session III – Leading Without A Title
Session IV – Strategic Risk-Taking and Self-Promotion
Session V – Bringing It All Together
- Women that have a desire to advance in their career or have been in a management position for at least 3 years (Directors, Executive Directors, Board of Directors, VP, Manager)
- Women whose work experience includes responsibility for managing relationships such as staff, clients, members, etc.
- Women at a management level seeking tools to refine their leadership/management skills to succeed or advance their careers
Calendar of Dates
- Orientation January 8, 2024 – 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Session I – January 24, 2024
- Session II – February 28, 2024
- Session III – March 20, 2024
- Session IV – April 24, 2024
- Session V – May 22, 2024
All session days are scheduled from 8:00am to 12:00pm unless otherwise noted.
Meeting locations will be at: First Presbyterian Church – Neumann Center at 451 Tarpon Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
A WLB Brunch is planned for September 17, 2023, from 12:00pm – 2:00pm, location TBD.
There is the Reunion and Recruitment Lunch scheduled for November 2, 2023 from 11:30pm – 1:30pm at Boatyard.
There will be an Information Session for WLB Class XI on:
- October 24, 2023, from 12:00pm – 1:00pm via ZOOM
- November 14, 2023 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in person, at ArtServe.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 5 pm on Monday, November 27, 2023
An email will be sent to all applicants notifying them of their acceptance status by mid December.
Tuition – PAY WLB TUITION
The cost of the program is $800 and covers all program costs. The final payment must be paid in full by December 31, 2023.
Contact Gabriela Segersbol, at (954) 767-8866 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.