Leadership Broward, a program of LBF, is one of the premier leadership programs in the country. We educate aspiring leaders, engage our citizens in issues that affect our community, and connect people to the resources of our region. We ultimately facilitate transformation by creating more effective leaders, improving communication and maximizing our strengths.
Each year, LBF selects a diverse group of established community leaders for the LB program including business leaders, professionals and academics, directors and staff of community service organizations and civic associations, managers from government agencies and community activists. Up to 60 of these individuals will be selected this year to join LB Class XXXVIII.
The curriculum offers an intensive orientation to the issues facing Broward County and is designed to enhance participants’ leadership skills, provide practical community service experience, and offer opportunities to interact with other community leaders. Upon completion of the LB program, participants will graduate into a thriving group of active LBF alumni.
Thank you for your interest in applying to LB Class XXXVIII. We look forward to helping you successfully navigate the application process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
In order to continue through the 10-month program and graduate, participants must attend at least 6 of the 8 program days listed below. Half-days are counted as a full day absent. Participants must also attend the overnight retreat, this is mandatory for all participants as is graduation.
Before beginning the application, please read the entire application packet carefully to ensure that you do not have any conflicts with the dates listed. The cost of the LB program is $2,700 ($100 refundable, if not accepted into program, processing fee and tuition of $2,600). Payment must be received by August 23, 2019.
2019-2020 CALENDAR OF DATES – LEADERSHIP BROWARD CLASS XXXVIII
OVERNIGHT OPENING RETREAT (Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, September 20, 2019 through Saturday, September 21, 2019
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
COMMUNITY PROJECTS KICK-OFF
Wednesday, October 2, 2019
Government & Education Day – Thursday, October 24, 2019
Urban Development and Environment Day – Thursday, November 14, 2019
Media Day – Thursday, December 12, 2019
Culture, Arts and History – Thursday, January 23, 2020
Criminal Justice Day – Thursday, February 13, 2020
Business Day – Thursday, March 12, 2020
Transportation & Tourism Day – Thursday, April 9, 2020
Health and Human Services Day – Thursday, May 14, 2020
GRADUATION (Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, June 5, 2020
Morning Portion – Project Presentations (Mandatory attendance)
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Evening Portion – Commencement Ceremony (Mandatory attendance)
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
(Both Day and Evening Portion of Graduation are MANDATORY – NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Hold current leadership position(s) in professional and/or civic organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and/or service.
- Have an interest in furthering their knowledge about Broward County and community leadership.
- Commit to FULL participation in the LB program – inclusive of the LB Overnight Retreat (mandatory – September 20 and 21, 2019), monthly full-day Program Days, Community Service Project, and Graduation (mandatory – June 5, 2020).
- Live and/or work in Broward County, FL.
- Must be at least 25 years of age by September 14, 2019
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from program day sites. Transportation will be provided by charter bus during the day.
- Monthly Program Days run from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Participants will take part in a mandatory on-going community service project (this will require time outside of the scheduled LB program dates).
- Fill out the application completely and submit it either via scan and e-mail or via U.S. Mail. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by the LBF office on or before 5:00 p.m. on Friday, June 7, 2019.
- Submit two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed Employer Consent Form. If self-employed or you are the CEO/ED/President etc, please note that on the consent form.
- Submit a headshot to email@example.com.
- The $100 non-refundable processing fee must accompany this application.
- All applications will be reviewed by the LB Class XXXVIII Selection Committee and applicants will be notified of the status of their Class XXXVIII application by Wednesday, July 3, 2019.
- LBF is committed to cultural, geographical, racial, ethnic, professional and economic diversity and considers all applicants who have demonstrated leadership skills and talents.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Thao Le at (954) 767-8866 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to access the Reference Form
Please click here to access the Employer Consent Form
Please click here to review the application questions prior to submitting (pdf)
Please click here to submit the $100 non-refundable application fee.