Leadership Broward, a program of LBF, is one of the premier leadership programs in the country. We educate aspiring leaders, engage our citizens in issues that affect our community and connect people to the resources of our region. We ultimately facilitate transformation by creating more effective leaders, improving communication and maximizing our strengths.
Each year, LBF selects a diverse group of established community leaders for the LB program including business leaders, professionals and academics, directors and staff of community service organizations and civic associations, managers from government agencies and community activists. Up to 60 of these individuals will be selected this year to join LB Class XLI.
The curriculum offers an intensive orientation to the issues facing Broward County and is designed to enhance participants’ leadership skills, provide practical community service experience, and offer opportunities to interact with other community leaders. Upon completion of the LB program, participants will graduate into a thriving group of active LBF alumni.
Thank you for your interest in applying to LB Class XLI. We look forward to helping you successfully navigate the application process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
In order to continue through the 10-month program and graduate, participants must attend at least 6 of the 8 program days listed below. Half-days are counted as a full day absent. Participants must also attend the overnight retreat, this is mandatory for all participants as is graduation.
The cost of the LB program is $3,100 ($100 nonrefundable, application fee, and tuition of $3,000). Tuition payment must be received by August 26, 2022.
2022-2023 CALENDAR OF DATES
OVERNIGHT OPENING RETREAT
(Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, September 23, 2022 through Saturday, September 24, 2022
Monday, October 3, 2022
COMMUNITY PROJECTS KICK-OFF
Monday, October 17, 2022
Government & Education Day – Thursday, October 20, 2022
Culture, Arts and History Day – Thursday, November 17, 2022
Media Day – Thursday, December 15, 2022
Transportation & Tourism Day – Thursday, January 12, 2023
Urban Development and Environment Day – Thursday, February 16, 2023
Health and Human Services Day – Thursday, March 16, 2023
Criminal Justice Day – Thursday, April 13, 2023
Business Day– Thursday, May 11, 2023
GRADUATION (Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, June 9, 2023
Morning Portion – Project Presentations (Mandatory Attendance)
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Evening Portion – Commencement Ceremony (Mandatory Attendance)
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
(Both Day and Evening Portion of Graduation are MANDATORY – NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Hold current leadership position(s) in professional and/or civic organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and/or service.
- Have an interest in furthering their knowledge about Broward County and community leadership.
- Commit to FULL participation in the LB program – inclusive of the LB Overnight Retreat (mandatory – September 23 and 24, 2022), monthly full-day Program Days, Community Service Project, and Graduation (mandatory – June 9, 2023).
- Live and/or work in Broward County, FL.
- Must be at least 25 years of age by September 13, 2022
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from program day sites. Transportation will be provided by charter bus during the day.
- Monthly Program Days run from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Participants will take part in a mandatory on-going community service project (this will require time outside of the scheduled LB program dates).
Fill out the online application completely and submit it. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by the LBF office on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 6, 2022.
- All applications will be reviewed by the LB Class XLI Selection Committee and applicants will be notified of the status of their LB Class XLI application in early July.
- LBF is committed to cultural, geographical, racial, ethnic, professional, and economic diversity and considers all applicants who have demonstrated leadership skills and talents.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Zullo at (954) 767-8866 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to access the Reference Form
Please click here to access the Employer Consent Form
Please click here to submit the $100 non-refundable application fee.