Materials can be e-mailed to: email@example.com.
Welcome to Leadership Broward! Completing this application demonstrates a proven initiative to invest not only in your future but in the future of Broward County. We welcome your application to Leadership Broward (LB) Class XLII, as it demonstrates your desire for personal and professional development and your commitment to providing strong leadership for your community.
Leadership Broward is one of the premier leadership programs in the country. We educate aspiring leaders, engage our citizens in issues that affect our community, and connect people to the resources of our region. We ultimately facilitate transformation by creating more effective leaders, improving communication, and maximizing our strengths.
Each year, LB selects a diverse group of established community leaders for the LB program, including business leaders, professionals and academics, directors and staff of community service organizations and civic associations, managers from government agencies and community activists. Up to 60 individuals will be selected this year to join LB Class XLII.
The curriculum offers an intensive orientation to the issues facing Broward County and is designed to enhance participants’ leadership skills, provide practical community service experience, and offer opportunities to interact with other community leaders. Upon completion of the LB program, participants will graduate into a thriving group of active LB alumni and are eligible to become an LB Member.
Thank you for your interest in applying to LB Class XLII. We look forward to helping you successfully navigate the application process. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance.
In order to continue through the 10-month program and graduate, participants must attend at least 6 of the 8 program days listed below. Half-days are counted as a full day absent. Participants must also attend the overnight retreat, this is mandatory for all participants as is graduation.
2023-2024 CALENDAR OF DATES
OVERNIGHT OPENING RETREAT
(Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, September 29, 2023, through Saturday, September 30, 2023
Tuesday, October 10, 2023 – 5pm -7pm
COMMUNITY PROJECTS KICK-OFF
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 – 5pm -7pm
Culture, Arts and History Day – Thursday, October 19, 2023
Media Day – Thursday, November 16, 2023
Transportation & Tourism Day– Thursday, December 14, 2023
Government & Education Day – Thursday, January 11, 2024
Urban Development and Environment Day – Thursday, February 15, 2024
Health and Human Services Day – Thursday, March 14, 2024
Criminal Justice Day – Thursday, April 18, 2024
Business Day– Thursday, May 16, 2024
GRADUATION (Mandatory Attendance. No Exceptions)
Friday, June 7, 2024
Morning Portion – Project Presentations (Mandatory Attendance)
8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Evening Portion – Commencement Ceremony (Mandatory Attendance)
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
(Both Day and Evening Portion of Graduation are MANDATORY – NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Hold current leadership position(s) in professional and/or civic organizations.
- Demonstrate a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and/or service.
- Have an interest in furthering their knowledge about Broward County and community leadership.
- Commit to FULL participation in the LB program – inclusive of the LB Overnight Retreat (mandatory – September 29 and 30, 2023), monthly full-day Program Days, Community Service Project, and Graduation (mandatory – June 7, 2024).
- Live and/or work in Broward County, FL.
- Must be at least 25 years of age by September 1, 2023
- Participants are responsible for transportation to and from the program day starting point. Transportation will be provided by charter bus during the day.
- Monthly Program Days run from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Participants will participate in a mandatory ongoing community service project (this will require time outside the scheduled LB program dates).
Fill out the online application completely and submit it. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by the LB office on or before 5:00 p.m. on Monday, June 12, 2023.
- Submit two (2) references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Signed Employer Consent Form. If self-employed or you are the CEO/ED/President etc, please note that on the consent form.
- Submit a headshot to email@example.com.
- The $100 non-refundable application fee must accompany this application. TO PAY CLICK HERE.
The cost of the LB program is $3,100 ($100 nonrefundable, application fee, and tuition of $3,000). Tuition payment must be received by August 4, 2023.
- All applications will be reviewed by the LB Class XLII Selection Committee and applicants will be notified of the status of their application in early July.
- LB is committed to cultural, geographical, racial, ethnic, professional, and economic diversity and considers all applicants who have demonstrated leadership skills and talents.
Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Zullo at (954) 767-8866 or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to access the Reference Form
Please click here to access the Employer Consent Form
Please click here to submit the $100 non-refundable application fee.